Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone stuck in recovery mode

iPhone 3G

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:20 PM

11 replies

May 27, 2013 4:39 PM in response to Tommoore1979

I have iphone 4 and I had this problem and tried everything, put the phone into Dfu mode, flashed it, plugged it into itunes to restore it, nothing worked, i couldnt get it out of recovery mode. I tried Redsn0w and tiny umberella, even those failed. My phone wouldnt turn on its was completely dead and sometimes itunes wouldnt recognise my phone plugged in. Any way to cut a long story short, after the frustration I tool the phone to Apple store and they ran a diagnostices and said they wouldnt fix it as the warranty had run out, they were going to charge me £126 to replace it. I refused and was gutted and dissapointed with Apple. I then decided to get another opinion and took it into a high street phone repair shop, they did the same as apple ran a diagnostics and found all that was wrong with it was the battery needed replaced. Simple as that, I paid £30 for a new battery and it now works perfect as if nothing happened in the first place. Everything was sitll in place, apps, pictures music etc.

try a new battery and let me know if i worked, good luck

May 27, 2013 4:53 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

If it had been jail broken i wouldnt have been updating it, the phone was still on contract, and as it happened the phone did this 3 days before the contract ran out. So your theory for the phone being jail broken is wrong. Iphone didnt offer to replace the battery, they just said they couldnt fix it as it could have been a hardware problem, but wouldnt fix it because the warranty had ran out. the phone has never been jail broken.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.