Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Mountain lion, Pages PDF and Quartz filters

Hello,

With some PDF file created with Pages (iWork 4.2) in Moutain Lion, Quartz Filter don't work.

Example :

- Create a new doc with template "Personnal News" ("Nouvelles Personnelles in french) in "Newsletter"

- Print dialog, "PDF" button "Open PDF with Preview"

- In Preview, export in PDF with filter "Gray Tone"

--> Problem : The PDF created is not in "Gray tone" but in color

--> Same problems with others Quartz Filter, they do anything

- With template "School" ("Lycée" in French) --> Final PDF is a mix of color and gray tone !

- With template "Extrems Sports" (Sports Extremes in french) --> No problem, quartz filters works

If i create the PDF with page export and use "Preview" (or Color Sync utility"), Do a PDF export with a Quartz filters.

--> same problem

No problem with same manipulations before Mountain Lion (in Lion, ...). I think it's a Moutain Lion bug but it's very strange!

Has anyone noted this bug?

Is anyone know a solution to this pb?

Thanks

Note :

- I have the problem with a simple update of Lion in Moutain Lion and after a clean install of Moutain Lion.

- I have a boot disk with 10.5 Leopard and if i open the pdf file with Preview, the PDF file exported with quartz filter is ok.

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 1:07 PM

4 replies

Aug 6, 2012 12:32 PM in response to ijmd

I think it's a Moutain Lion bug, i hope it will be fixed in the next update of Moutain Lion...

But, i have found a workaround for this issue.

With a PDF file with this problem :

- Open the PDF with "Preview"

- Print, button "PDF", "Save to PostScript Format"

- Open the PS file with "Preview" --> Conversion to format PDF

- Save the PDF file

- Reopen this PDF file with Preview

--> Export can be do with Quartz filter (sometime with filter "Gray Tone", Preview crach, but with filter "Reduce File size", no problem

--> If a use "PDF Clerk Pro" to export this PDF with quartz filter, all filters work.

Oct 22, 2012 4:51 PM in response to ijmd

Yep, it crashed Preview and did not succeed in exporting my file as Gray Tone. This is clearly a nasty bug. I hope Apple addresses it soon. I use grayscale PDF files extensively when I send materials to workshop sponsors around the country. If you only need to reduce file size, this seems like a massively inefficient way to do it. I recommend this workaround as a last resort only.

Problem Mountain lion, Pages PDF and Quartz filters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.