Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to open iCloud documents

A document generated by Page '09 (version 4.2) on an iMac, uploaded to iCloud fails to open on an iPad (Pages 1.6.1) citing "Pages only supports socuments saved with iWork '09" What's going on??

Robin

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages 4.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 4:09 PM

When I tried to open this document in Pages again, Pages hangs so it looked bleak with my documernt somewhere in the cloud but unreachable. In desperation, I tried reaching this document through iWork at iCould.com and hey presto, I could download it and open the document.

This all very odd and I'm going to be more cautious in future. Simple documents seem to be fine but longer ones (with imbedded graphs) are not.

Robin

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2012 4:09 PM in response to robinmh

When I tried to open this document in Pages again, Pages hangs so it looked bleak with my documernt somewhere in the cloud but unreachable. In desperation, I tried reaching this document through iWork at iCould.com and hey presto, I could download it and open the document.

This all very odd and I'm going to be more cautious in future. Simple documents seem to be fine but longer ones (with imbedded graphs) are not.

Robin

Unable to open iCloud documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.