Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to eject a CD from macbook Pro

I insert a CD "tutor microsoft classes", and it never found the cd, and its not ejecting it either. please help.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 5:23 PM

reboot. hold down the mouse/trackpad button.

18 replies

Aug 5, 2012 5:23 PM in response to Metsphan23

Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive

Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects.

2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.

3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.

4. Press COMMAND-E.

5. If none of the above work try this: Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

If this fails then try this:

Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.

Nov 12, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Metsphan23

After reading some of the info on how to eject, and due to all the wonderful help you all have provided to me, I am glad I am finally able to contribute something!!

Yay!

I found out using my Macbook Pro, I experimented for a while and guess what?

Press Control E, and it actually worked.

I hope someone can use this since this is my first input.

Love you guys and gals!!! 🙂😁

May 15, 2015 8:28 AM in response to Metsphan23

To eject a physically stuck disc or broken disc drive you will want to either send it in to apple and pay through the nose, or save yourself the trouble and buy a windows computer which all have a manual disc eject method that involves a paperclip. Apple must have not heard about this feature as it was invented around 1997. Just kidding, they know all about the disc eject holes but they won't let you have them because then they couldn't charge you to fix it.

how to eject a CD from macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.