Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing Mountain Lion, none of my Applework documents will open! I've installed "pages" but don't know how to get my old documents back! HELP!!

After installing Mountain Lion, I find that none of my Applework documents will open!! I've purchased "Pages" but how do I get back all of my old documents? PLEASE HELP!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 5:51 PM

8 replies

Aug 5, 2012 6:15 PM in response to Kappy

FWIW, I'm using Appleworks on a Snow Leopard partition; it lags a little, but does work. I'm using it still for some design work, but also to export old AW files into something readable by Lion or Mountain Lion (PDF mostly).

For the OP:

If you still have Snow Leopard, then you can export your paint files as a PDF or jpeg (there is no app in Lion or ML that can read those, so you need to export in a different format); word processing can usually be read by Pages, and spreadsheets should be readable by Numbers (also available at the app store).

Aug 5, 2012 7:28 PM in response to mimimike76

So which of the Appleworks programs were the documents created with?

If it's word processing, double click on the file and Pages should automatically open it. Or, you could launch Pages, and click on Open.... and then navigate to your file.

If it's a spreadsheet, Pages won't open it; you'd need Numbers.

If it's a painting document, I know of nothing that'll open it (except Appleworks).

Hopefully this will work; otherwise I am out of ideas (unless you still have a copy of Snow Leopard).

After installing Mountain Lion, none of my Applework documents will open! I've installed "pages" but don't know how to get my old documents back! HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.