Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad acting very strange (HELP!)

Hi guys,

something very strange is happening to my iPad 2 and I'm hoping someone could help me out.

So my iPad was working fine few hours ago, and had approximately 50-60% battery left. So I put it to sleep by clicking on the power button on top right, and did my business. After few hours, I tried to turn on the screen as usual by clicking the power button but it won't turn on. So I tried long-clicking because I figured somehow it turned off, but it didn't register. I tried clicking the home button but nothing.

So I plugged in the charger (despite knowing there was battery left) and the iPad turned on as if it was completely turned off (and asking my passcode and stuff). When I put the passcode, it opens but the battery says 100%. When I unplug the charger, it goes dead again.

Even more weirdly, when I keep charger plugged, it stays awake for a minute then completely goes dead again. Then after few seconds, the apple logo comes up (as if rebooting) and turns on again. The cycle continues.

I did not drop it or anything, it was just sitting there, and it worked perfectly fine up until now. I'm very confused why it's acting this way.

Is this hardware malfunction, plain and simple? Should I take it to the apple store and have them fix it or replace it?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:38 PM

3 replies

Aug 5, 2012 6:42 PM in response to theroof

If you can keep it powered up or plugged in you can try to reest it, hold down the sleep and home keys, past when you see the red power down slider and until you see the silver apple. Let it reboot and see if that helps.

you may also look into doing a restore if you can get it to connect to your computer.

If you can't do those and if your iPad is still under warranty, make an appointment at your local apple store and have them look at it.

Aug 5, 2012 7:27 PM in response to theroof

update:

not sure if this is relevant but I turned on my ipad's icloud so i can move my camera roll to photostream (of course ipad still won't work without being plugged).

Soon after, i got a message on ipad screen saying:

"verification failed.

the certificate for this server is invalid. you might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be setup.icloud.com which could put your confidential info at risk"

Is it possible that my iPad was somehow hacked?

iPad acting very strange (HELP!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.