Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Boot Camping Windows 7 slow down my MBP?

Hey there!

I had a question about Boot Camping Windows 7 64-bit onto my MBP Retina. Basically, I am wondering if I will notice any drop in speed on my Macbook Pro if I install Windows onto a separate partition. I have read this is not possible, but some people have reported that it can slow down your Mac currently and long-term. I have also heard that if I decide to restore my Mac into a single Mac-driven partition (ridding away the separate Windows partition in general), that I still might experience some issues. Please tell me this is not true.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 8:11 PM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2012 9:14 AM in response to gfurness

gfurness wrote:

Hey there!

I had a question about Boot Camping Windows 7 64-bit onto my MBP Retina. Basically, I am wondering if I will notice any drop in speed on my Macbook Pro if I install Windows onto a separate partition. I have read this is not possible, but some people have reported that it can slow down your Mac currently and long-term. I have also heard that if I decide to restore my Mac into a single Mac-driven partition (ridding away the separate Windows partition in general), that I still might experience some issues. Please tell me this is not true.

Thanks in advance.

This is not true 🙂

Aug 6, 2012 9:24 AM in response to gfurness

Someone will always - and every new Apple OS has users clamering that SL and then Lion and now ML have all made their computer run slower, they have trouble and need more RAM and sluggish performance.

Longer boot? sometimes, even when they reset the default - or some always use Option key.

And impossible to know what they did or didn't do or the general health of the hard drive etc before and after.

Can Boot Camping Windows 7 slow down my MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.