Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iMac since Mountain Lion upgrade

So , several problems that I have experienced since upgrading to Mountain Lion.

1. When I "log off" off my iMac from the top left "apple" symbol, I get the rainbow wheel of death.

2. When accessing YouTube home screen or yahoo in Safari, the page is a white screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

* I have been reading some people saying that this happens to them too, but only when using an account with parental controls.

3. Hard drive "grinds" incessantly.

* I have never even seen the rainbow wheel or heard my hard drive grind on my iMac untill this upgrade.

Anybody know of any solutions, or also having these issues?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:19 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2012 5:37 AM in response to firemediclex

For anyone else having the "white screen" issue with youtube, and/or yahoo issue. I seemed to have repaired the issue. I turned the parental controls off for both of my kids accounts, restarted my Mac, and the problem vanished.

I also turned the parental controls back on after this, restarted the computer, and the problem came back.

*** This is 100% a Parental Control/Mountain Lion glitch. Hopefully Apple knows and is working on a solution. The sooner they fix it, the sooner I can turn the parental controls back onto my kids accounts.

Problems with iMac since Mountain Lion upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.