Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safarai crashes repeatedly

I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion. Especially when I am reading within news websites, Safari crashes very, very frequently now. On two occasions, it has crashed while I was playing Yahoo bridge, once when I was playing a Grand Slam (most distressing). I almost feel I cannot use this software at all any more. I have even reset Safari twice, but the problem returns unabated. When it has happened on an internal news website page, I can go back and replicate it at exactly the same spot. This occurs regardless of whether it is the NYT or the local paper. I have forwarded most of the crashes to Apple as Safari allows, but I see nothing to help fix this. Any thoughts?

IMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:08 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2012 10:53 PM in response to ltss3yr2

The reports you send to Apple are only for the developers perusal. You won't hear back directly from Apple.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If you have any installerd, turn that OFF, then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extenion issue, back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab.

Deselect: Enable plug-ins.

Quit then relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, follow the instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Safarai crashes repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.