Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help: Outlook 2011: Keyboard shortcut or AppleScript for navigating to folders?

Hi, all,

I have a few folders in Outlook that I constantly go in and out. e.g. Inbox, Sent Items, Processed. I would like to navigate to them quickly with keyboard shortcuts.

1. are ther keyboard shortcuts already available? I searched the net and have not found any.

2. can someone help to write a simple AppleScript for this? I searched the Outlook dictionary but could not a good command to use.

I have also tried using AppleScript editor and Automator to record the action/event of clicking on a folder, but neither returned useful result...

Victor

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2013 11:32 AM

You can target Inbox & Sent Items via their id, the term 'selected folder' & the term "mail folder"

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

set selected folder to mail folderid 150

set expanded of navigation node 3 of window 1 to false

endtell

The above selects "Sent Items" and closes it (the little triangle) if it is expanded. NOTE: on your machine the id of "Sent Items" might not be 150.

every mail folder

end tell

The above will list all 'mail folders' you can get the properties of each to determine which id corresponds to which folder. 'navigation nodes' are contained by 'window 1' and they have their own properties. All very tricky but this should get you started, works for me!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2013 11:32 AM in response to victorinsh

You can target Inbox & Sent Items via their id, the term 'selected folder' & the term "mail folder"

set selected folder to mail folderid 150

set expanded of navigation node 3 of window 1 to false

endtell

The above selects "Sent Items" and closes it (the little triangle) if it is expanded. NOTE: on your machine the id of "Sent Items" might not be 150.

every mail folder

end tell

The above will list all 'mail folders' you can get the properties of each to determine which id corresponds to which folder. 'navigation nodes' are contained by 'window 1' and they have their own properties. All very tricky but this should get you started, works for me!

Help: Outlook 2011: Keyboard shortcut or AppleScript for navigating to folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.