Skip navigation

If I Get MainStage...

219 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 6:01 AM by léonie RSS
hansard5 Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 6, 2012 2:34 AM

...I hope the sounds are easy to import into GB. Has anyone here downloaded it recently and, if so, what's the procedure for getting those loops and sounds into GB? I don't want to spend the dough and find out it's really hard, or keeps crashing, or some other obstacle that I can't work around.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,330 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 6:01 AM (in response to hansard5)

When you buy Mainstage 2 from the App Store the loops and instruments will be installed in the system library 

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

That are the same places that are used in GarageBand. So no extra steps should be necessary to use them in GarageBand. Maybe you will need to rebuild the Loop Index - that is done by dragging the added loops onto the loop browser in GarageBand.

The installation will proceed in two stages: First the Mainstage application will be downloaded, and then you will be prompted to download additional contents - more loops and instruments.

Regards

Léonie

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.