Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Management

I am very new to the world of Macs. I need some help managing my photos in iPhoto. Currently, I have many photos in one "album." However, I would like to move many of these photos into separate albums so that I can separate my mom's pictures, from my brother's, from my own. Currently, they are all jarbled intot he same mess in the same album. Is there an easy way to do this without having to delete all the photos and then reinstall?

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 5:07 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2012 10:09 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks-know how to operate iPhoto. Problrm is with iPhone/iTunes possibly with Sync. On my phone I have for example an Album called Photo Library-which contains coutless duplicates-can I erase any? No-I can email-add to a new album or add to an existing album---giving me more duplicates-but no option to erase. Also-many photos were backed up to itunes-which I cannot see or edit or download to the phone-

Dec 29, 2012 10:22 AM in response to bartyb0y

Is your question about iPhoto management on the Mac (this forum) or iPhoto for IOS management on your phone (the iPhoto for IOS forum)

On the Mac (again this forum) seperating your Mom's photos is easily done using faces or keywords with smart albums - same for your brothers - same for you - etc -- and you appear to be misuing the word album

I think that you will find it useful to take the basic tutorials as TD suggested

LN

iPhoto Management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.