12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 7:53 AM by SkyLoop
Steffen_R. Level 1 (20 points)

Hello,

I am logged in here properly with my Apple ID - as you see.

When I start the App Store Application, I cannot login. I see the apps in App Store Application, then the drop down window appears, to enter Apple ID and Password. I enter both but only a mesage appears: Connection the app store failed...

I checked my Apple ID and Account informations, all seems to be correct, but I cannot login. Also if I click to Updates, the same message is displayed: No connection to app store...

Any help would be appreaciated, thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 500 GB HD / 4 GB RAM
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 (103,365 points)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2),   < your profile

If that is correct, update your system software.

Click the Apple menu icon top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click Software Update ...

And turn off the Firewall in System Preferences > Security  (or Security & Privacy) > Firewall

Disable anti virus software.

• Steffen_R. Level 1 (20 points)

Sory, again... it's 10.7.4

Firewall is off and Anti Virus is deactivated - doesn't change anything...

So, please excuse, I changed my profile.

I still cannot complete the login with my apple ID. If I try to click on the link forgotten password, I allways get the same picture in the app store application, which tells me, that the connection to the app store failed.

I opened iTunes and here I can access the app store and manage my iPhone apps, I looked into the app store application preferences and reset - it didn't changed.

Is there a preference to deactivate app store application or inhibit the use - beneath the child protection preferences?

A connection must be there, because I can browse thru the store, see the applications, see informations and prices, but I cannot complete the login - thus app store refuses me... is there something I have to do, maybe accept terms of use or agree with a certain incompleted activation?

It seems as I am not allowed to use App Store application - strange

One image tells more than tousend words...

AppStore.JPG

I browsed now thru about 30 different issues about AppStore and unable logins - it's a mess. How to purchase mountain lion, if one cannot login?

How to update applications, if you cannot log in?

I did the thing with the ocspd process, deleting the preferences from /var/db/crls
    I did the issue with the certificates in the keychain - doesn't work...

I can't login...

Here are so many people with this problem - why is there still no fix, as it seems - after reading all the threads - it is a problem related to MacOS 10.7.4?

None any further guesses?

• XKL Level 1 (0 points)

I believe I'm in the exact same boat.  I can connect to the iTunes App Store, and I can connect to the Mac App Store from other computers on my network (so I don't think it's a basic networking thing). 

• dantesvelasquez Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the exact same problem. It happened in 10.7.4 and it is still happening in 10.7.5. Makes no sense and I cannot update my mac store apps. Very frustrating. :-(

• gorteen Level 1 (0 points)

I am in the same position. Can anyone help?

• XKL Level 1 (0 points)

In my case the problem was related to some expired certificates.

This tread pointed me in the right direction:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4085819

unfortunately that didnt work for me :-(

• hbleuler Level 1 (0 points)

I have the following issue. Admin accounts can't use the App Store - there is no login window opening! Normal acount can use the App Store and the login window show up and works.

If I convert a normal acount to an admin the App Store stops working and if I set the acount back to standard the App Store works again.

How can I enable the admin account to use the App Store - any idea?

Sorry wrong info - both account don't work

as per a suggestion by an apple genius I backed up all my important files, erased my hard drive, and reinstalled lion. Every problem i had is now gone so i recommend you do the same :-)

• SkyLoop Level 1 (0 points)

I updated to 10.9 and still have the problem.