Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can hear text coming in but nothing is there.

I'll be texting a friends and they will be texting me back then all of a sudden I hear the sound of a received text but nothing there. This does not happen all the time only now and then with different people. I called Verizon and they don't see anything wrong with my connection.

APPLE 4S

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 8:18 AM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2012 9:15 AM in response to Miz Rebel

Hi,

I was having issues like that. Go through your sound settings and make sure that you have not set the same sound for something else. Also if you had dropped your phone at some point, it sometimes does its own little thing. Mine did that last time. Also sometimes texts get backed up in your phone comapnies server and sometimes it gets confused and resends things and once it finds out it already was delivered it doesn't show anything new.

But go throgh your setting.

Have you ever dropped the phone? Becuase they may be contributing to it.

Aug 7, 2012 7:45 AM in response to Miz Rebel

Ok I think this is the deal. The sound I hear late is my text being sent but the sound is delayed. I could not find a bloop sound in my list but I realize I use the noir sound as my alert for incoming text. My outgoing bloop sound is sometimes lazy and goes like 30 seconds after I send my text. Don't know why. Guess I'll live with it. Anyway, thanks everyone for your help!

i can hear text coming in but nothing is there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.