Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My the new ipad does not appear in itunes, Pls help

My ipad does not appear in Itunes to restore or back up data. Thestatus of my device are:

- updated the latest Itunes version 10.6 .

- tried to restart Apple Mobile Device in Window but it still doesn't work.

- Could not restore in DFU becasue the window doesn't recognize ipad. It appeared cable & itunes disk images but it itunes does not recognize.

- When i pluged the ipad in my laptop, window could not reconize ipad neither.

Please help to solve it!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 7:59 AM

14 replies

Aug 6, 2012 8:30 AM in response to HereIsTom

Yes. I did. I followed every instruction to restore, restart and Reset but it still does not work.

I also removed itunes, apple mobile device, bonjours then reinstall iTunes but nothing change :(.

I have 2 iPhone 4 and another iPad 3, those are still work well on iTunes & window 7 except this iPad 3.

That's why I think the problem does not not come from window or my laptop , it should be from iPad device. It not appear apple mobile device installing when I connect iPad .

Pls..pls...pls help.

Aug 6, 2012 11:34 AM in response to Angellavu

Try this when the iPad is connected with your computer and iTunes open; Keep the Powerbutton and the Homebutton pressed at the same time until you see the Apple logo on your iPad screen.

Then wait for about 10 minutes, sometime the iPad turns up, otherwise try again on other USB port and be sure cable is good connected.

<Link Edited by Host>

Aug 8, 2012 3:06 AM in response to Demo

Let me summary what i have done in the last few days to try to fix the issue taht the new ipad does not appear on itunes 10.6 so that you guys can have an overview to help me :

- removed previous itunes together with Apple Mobile Device and Bonjours

- Reinstall latest version Itunes

- restart computer (for sure the problem not from laptop becasue my other new ipad and iphone4 stil work well with itunes)

- tried using recovery mode when the iPad is connected with computer and iTunes open; Keep the Powerbutton and the Homebutton pressed at the same time until see the Apple logo on iPad screen.Then wait for about 10 minutes (i repeat this step many times). Ipad is turned on but still not connect to itunes or no notice board appeared on itunes to start restore

- I changed the usb cable/port...nothing change

status of device is:

- battery is fully charged

- My laptop (window 7)

- All what i can get is the ipad is charged when i plug in laptop.

- no apple device is recognized on "my computer" window

- no images tab is pop up as usual to copy photo

Apple experts ...help me...pls... 😟

My the new ipad does not appear in itunes, Pls help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.