Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs won't sync to iphone

I have 877 songs from a recent set of songs that I tried to load onto my iphone. When I look at them in the music list under my iphone in itunes they are grayed out. When I view the same songs in the regular itunes music browser they are not greyed out. These are songs imported from CDs. In some cases there are a few songs from a given CD that will load onto the iphone but others from the same CD will no load. By "Load" I mean they won't copy over to the iphone. I suspect that Apple is somehow claiming some sort of licensing restrictions on songs they have no rights to. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it? Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 9:15 AM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2012 11:16 AM in response to uusseerrnnaammee

Replying to my own post. Issue resolved using the process described in the following link, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747 It may be worth notng that we discovered that the problematic songs would play through iTunes but wouldn't copy to the phone so it wasn't an issue with the actual music files.

Thanks to Apple support for not charging me for help with the issue.

Songs won't sync to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.