Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about Mountain Lion Preview App and smart mailboxes in Mail

The Preview App in Mountain no longer has email as attachment. What happened?

Also, creating smart mailboxes in Mail is so much different. Before I used to Option click on recepient address to make a smart mailbox. What happened there?

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 11:25 AM

Well in Preview, the functionality was moved to the new "Sharing" functionality. Click the arrow in the toolbar and choose Email and it will be emailed as an attachment. This arrow is also available in the open dialog.

As far as smart mailboxes, I think creating a smart mailbox for a recipient is probably just replaced by the new VIP functionality. It performs the same role as the smart mailboxes you were creating.

You can create smart mailboxes for other things, and that functionality is the same as it's always been.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2012 11:25 AM in response to Ronniebel

Well in Preview, the functionality was moved to the new "Sharing" functionality. Click the arrow in the toolbar and choose Email and it will be emailed as an attachment. This arrow is also available in the open dialog.

As far as smart mailboxes, I think creating a smart mailbox for a recipient is probably just replaced by the new VIP functionality. It performs the same role as the smart mailboxes you were creating.

You can create smart mailboxes for other things, and that functionality is the same as it's always been.

Aug 6, 2012 11:27 AM in response to Ronniebel

Ronniebel wrote:

The Preview App in Mountain no longer has email as attachment. What happened?

To send as and email, click the share button in the tool bar.

It's the little square with an arrow pointing out of it.

Also, creating smart mailboxes in Mail is so much different. Before I used to Option click on recepient address to make a smart mailbox. What happened there?

I've found the fastest way to create a Smart Mailbox for a recipient is to type their name in the search field and then click the Save button.

Matt

Questions about Mountain Lion Preview App and smart mailboxes in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.