Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 4.2 no Small Caps can be activated

I use a lot Pages for texts, flyers and posters. There seems to be a serious bug within Pages 4.2. if you open the typo panel and activate the Small Caps feature or Opentype fonts they though they can be clicked Pages does not transform the marked text into Small Caps. So the this opentype feature doesn't finction under Pages any more. I experienced also kerning problems within Pages 4.2 using the word "Test". There is no kerning between T and e using the Fakt font from Ourtype. The same problems don't occur in TextEdit and the same problems never occured under Leopard or Lion, so it seems to be a sole Pages 4.2. problem under Mountain Lion. I reported it to the Apple Bug Reporter (no reply so far) but would be interested what you guys think of it and if you experience the same problems?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), App Store

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 2:32 PM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2012 2:41 PM in response to mijägo

Sorry for the spelling and grammar errors, here again the topic:

There seems to be a serious bug within Pages 4.2. If you open the typography panel and activate the small caps feature of opentype fonts though you can click the check-box Pages does not transform the marked text into small caps. So this opentype feature (small caps) doesn't function under Pages any more.

I experienced also kerning problems within Pages 4.2 using the word "Test". There is no kerning between T and e using the Fakt font from Ourtype. (There was never every any issue with this under Leopard or Lion!)

The same problems don't occur in TextEdit under Mountain Lion, so it seems to be a sole Pages 4.2. problem under Mountain Lion.

I reported it to the Apple Bug Reporter (no reply so far) but would be interested what you guys think about this and if you experience the same problems?

Pages 4.2 no Small Caps can be activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.