Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Saver with large photo album

I love the new options for using my photo albums as screensavers in Mountain Lion but I've noticed a particularly annoying bug... I have a very large album (2,000+ photos) that I have been adding my favorite memories to for many years which makes a great screensaver/slideshow. After updating to OS 10.8 I've noticed that photos seem to repeat, a LOT. I keep it set to random but with this many photos I should not expect to see the same photo 10 times over 10 minutes... Any thoughts?

OS X Mountain Lion, System Preferences, iPhoto Album

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 6:13 PM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2012 7:46 AM in response to like2bike

I've encountered the same problem on different machines with Mountain Lion installed (iMacs and Mac Pro). To whoever I'm showing off my photos (300+ per event or folder) with the new slideshow themes in the screensaver options, they recognize after two minutes that there are photos repeating all the time.

I've counted and the following pattern turns out: after just 15 randomly picked images it shows the first 5 images of the slideshow again. Then 15 random and then again the same 5 first images and so on.

So, what the people remember after seeing the slideshow is just these five images, because they are displayed over and over again! Thats a really annoying bug.

Screen Saver with large photo album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.