Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue running Xbox and Macbook at the same time

Hello all,

I recently set up my new Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion and hooked it up to a wireless network over an Airport Extreme Router. I also hooked my XBox 360 up to the wireless network without a problem. Everything worked fine until my wife started using her Macbook pro while I was on Xbox live. As soon as she turned on Wifi the internet slowed to a crawl on both the laptop and the XBox. Has anyone had this issue? I've rebooted the router and modem a hundred times and I've given the Xbox a static IP adress but nothing works.

Thanks,

Ed

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 7:42 PM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2012 7:54 PM in response to edwardezekiel

Trash or resell the Airport Extreme, buy yourself a Netgear Dual Band High Performance router, got mine on sale for $99.

(NEVER buy Linksys or Cisco routers, they spy on you.)

It's already set up already, however you should read it and learn to set a better passsword etc. too easily cracked by neighbors who are smart.

WiFi security issues, at home and WiFi hotspots

Set the XBox on the 5Ghz and the other machines others use on the 2.5Ghz channel.

No more problems. 😉

Well you will if you have a slow broadband, can't help that.

Issue running Xbox and Macbook at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.