Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac HD greyed out in Disk Utility

Hey,

This all started after Mountain Lion, which slowed down my MacBook a lot. I tried to do a clean install and reformat my HD, and doing so it removed the partition already on it. When I went to restore the HD, every option is greyed out except for Verify and Repair Disk (which I have clicked on numerous times to no avail). I cannot even add a partition to the Hard Drive. This Hard Drive worked fine until I clicked erase (in which it gave me an error), and I just want to create another partition (which is also greyed out).

I don't care if everything gets erased, frankly I just want my Mac back to normal. I do have a Mountain Lion USB, but that does squat. Thank you Mountain Lion by the way for this long day in which my Mac still isn't fixed.

Any help is appreciated, I am new to Mac, just moved from PC which looks pretty good right about now.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 7:04 PM

While we all have MacBooks in this forum most of us don’t run Mountain Lion. There's a Mountain Lion Support Community where everybody has Mountain Lion. You should also post this question there to increase your chances of getting an answer. https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/os_x_mountain_lion

1 reply

Mac HD greyed out in Disk Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.