I realise this isn't a gaming forum but I wonder if anyone can help.
Since upgrading to ML (via a clean install) and installing Portal 2 via Steam, the game crashes when loading levels. The game's main menu loads OK but crashes upon loading levels. Crash report: http://pastebin.com/Bw0t2Bt2
I am not in BETA testing (can’t find any option to opt in or out) and I’ve also 'verified local game cache’ as suggested on the Steam forums. I've reported the problem to Valve via their online feedback system but I've not heard anything back from them yet.
Other than using Boot Camp to install Portal 2 on Windows 7, any ideas on getting Portal 2 to work on OS X Mountain Lion?
I'm running a MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 Quad, 8GB RAM, 1GB AMD GPU.
I'm also finding fullscreen video in ML often flickers green/yellow (e.g. I can't watch the Olympics online fullscreen ) and there are various other graphical glitches (especially in Mail). So I wonder if there's an underlying AMD driver problem?
Here is the fix:
1. Exit Steam.
2. Navigate to your Portal 2 bin folder (~Users\[username]\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\Portal 2\bin\)
Note: If you are using Lion please do the following to access your Steam folder:
- Click "Go" in the menu bar
- Click "Go to Folder..."
- Type "~/Library/Application Support/Steam"
- Click "Go"
This will take you directly to the folder.
3. Locate the libsteam.dylib file and drag it to your Trash Can.
4. Start up Steam, launch Portal 2, and try to begin a level.
I just did and it works!