Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing (not just sending) photos with Flickr, Facebook, etc.

Aperture used to synchronise photos with Flickr and Facebook, not just send them there. It remembered the association between the photo on your disk and the published copy. When you edited the photo (or its metadata), changes were automatically sync'd.

Since Aperture 3.3.2, it seems that this stopped happening. Aperture's web publishing seems to have been downgraded to be just like iPhoto's. If I edit a photo now, I have to either repeat the edits, or I have to publish it again (making a *different* photo on the web).

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there some option to get the syncing behaviour? I've searched for information about this but I can't find anything. I want to know if Apple have indeed removed this.

If they have, I'd like recommendations for a new photo manager which does what Aperture used to do. I need a web photo manager, not just an uploader.

Thanks.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 2:48 PM

I have the same problem:

Aperture synchronizes all changes to the version names and the captions; Aperture will add new versions or remove versions to the flickr set, but I found no way to get it to synchrnize the edits to the images in the flickr set.

I think this is a bug, for the manual for the current Aperture version says in the paragraph

"Updating Your Flickr and Facebook Albums"

As your Flickr and Facebook albums grow, you can publish them at any time. Aperture checks to see which image versions have already been published in the album and then uploads any version that has changed and any new versions.

Regards

Léonie

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2012 2:48 PM in response to RPTB1

I have the same problem:

Aperture synchronizes all changes to the version names and the captions; Aperture will add new versions or remove versions to the flickr set, but I found no way to get it to synchrnize the edits to the images in the flickr set.

I think this is a bug, for the manual for the current Aperture version says in the paragraph

"Updating Your Flickr and Facebook Albums"

As your Flickr and Facebook albums grow, you can publish them at any time. Aperture checks to see which image versions have already been published in the album and then uploads any version that has changed and any new versions.

Regards

Léonie

Aug 21, 2012 3:56 PM in response to RPTB1

This new working criteria of Aperture 3.3.2 is very annoying. 😠

Now all images appears as "Replaced on Flickr" and sometime they are replaced multiple times without any apparent reason.

User uploaded file

Note: Replaced on Flickr function change image link so old shared links doesn't work anymore

Another strange thing: What sense have to load first image as low resolution and then replace it as Original Size and set it as replaced?

Nov 4, 2012 9:56 AM in response to RPTB1

I've had problems with Aperture refusing to sync actual size images to Flickr. This seems to be random - some images in my sets appear as oringinal files on Fickr, but others not. This is strange because in my Aperture Flickr album, I have 'Original Size Images' selected as the sync option for all my sets (using the 'Flickr' button on the bottom right). I have tried syncing them as Web Optimized and then syncing them again as Original Size, but no dice...

So far, so bad, so to fix the problem I want to use the Flickr 'Replace' function to replace the small size of the affected photos with the large size in my Aperture library. The Flickr 'Replace' function opens a dialogue box that asks me to select the replacement photo. But I can't open the Aperture Library to select the photo I want via that dialogue box. Does that mean that I have to 1. export the photo from Aperture to my HDD, then 2. replace it using the Replace function ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Syncing (not just sending) photos with Flickr, Facebook, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.