Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 mid 2011 - thunderbolt to display, mountain lion

I just want to say that since upgrading to mountain lion, my secondary screen has made life unbarable. I have an iMac 27, mid 2011 connected with a mini-displayport adapter to dvi to 2232bw Samsung a secondary display. What happens is that when I power on the Samsung display the iMac shutters when I move windows, mouse is jumping around and the keyboard is almost unusable. When the Samsung is turned off, everything goes back to normal. Everything whas working with Lion, and the problem has only existed since the upgrade. I have connected 2 different converters, same result. Moved the iMac to the living room and connected it to my Smsung TV, and everything is OK. So my conclusion is, that somehow apple lost/ missed something here and the hardware I use (Samsung 2232BW) is no longer compatible with the iMac. I have also tested the screen on a 13 MacAir late 2010, same adapter, Mountain Lion and everything is working as it should.

I guess this is not a big problem for the majority of users, but I would be greatful for any kind of help 🙂

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 3:29 AM

10 replies

Sep 7, 2012 2:53 AM in response to bjursten

Hi!

I am in your exact situation! I have an iMac 27" (mid 2011) and a Samsung 2232BW monitor and I have upgraded to Mountain Lion (just two weeks ago).

I had been searching for a connector for DVI-Thunderbolt when I found your message... And it scared me a lot! 😮

Anyway I'm afraid that I didn't clearly understand your problem: do these issues happen only when you turn on the monitor (for a few second) or constantly until you turn off the monitor? And I didn't understand if you found the same problem with the MacAir or if everything was fine, so it seems a problem related to iMac 2011 + Mountain Lion.

Thank you!

iMac 27 mid 2011 - thunderbolt to display, mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.