Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Epson Perfection 1200 scanner functions as a flatbed scanner but when I try to scan transparencies the control panels change in Image Capture but the scanner bar will not complete the overview scan & cannot travel beyond the first 2/3 centimeters.

Epson Perfection 1200 scanner continues to function as a flatbed scanner but when I try to scan transparencies/film negs the control panels change in Image Capture but the scanner bar will not complete the overview scan & cannot travel beyond the first 2/3 centimeters. All the communications seem to recognise the scanner and the mode for the intended scan but the necessary overview scan is not completed, nothing comes up on the Image Capture scan window. If I unplug the film adaptor I can get a document scan. When I plug in the adaptor again the Image Capture details change which allows me to select the type of scan required but when the scanner attempts an overview scan it is unable to complete it.

I have had the scanner from new (12 Years) and have previously scanned slides and film with the adaptor but maybe this was before I upgraded my computer (imac 27").

Do I have to buy a new scanner? It seems so close to working correctly.

I have downloaded the Epson recommended driver (5.4) and have Epson Perfection 1200 6.6 Universal showing in the Applications List.

Any thoughts or observations would be much appreciated before I go out and spend money an new hardware.

Thanks

Epson Perfection Scanner 1200-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), I have downloaded updated driver

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 10:03 AM

1 reply

My Epson Perfection 1200 scanner functions as a flatbed scanner but when I try to scan transparencies the control panels change in Image Capture but the scanner bar will not complete the overview scan & cannot travel beyond the first 2/3 centimeters.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.