Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina - Are These Dead Pixels? (Photos)

I just got my Macbook Pro Retina (2.3ghz / 16gb ram / LG display / OS X 10.8) yesterday - beautiful machine btw - and upon firing it up, I noticed the bottom left and right corners appeared to have some unusual aliased edges on the LED. Very noticeable compared to the rest of the smooth screen; appears to be non-firing pixels. So I jumped onto DoIHaveADeadPixel.com and ran some simple tests and I was able to grab these screenshots.

Tested on solid black background:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Tested on solid Red background:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

All of the other colors I tested against (white, blue, green, etc.) also presented these results but they were a little bit harder to catch on camera.

Anybody else have this occurence with their mbpr? Is it normal or are these dead pixels or a bigger issue?

Appreciate the feedback, thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion, 16gb Ram

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Returning and getting a replacement.

2 replies

Mar 9, 2014 8:21 AM in response to ehong33234

hi there,

I have the same issues, I noticed it but I was out on the road for 4 months and did not have the option of going back to where I bought the peoduct from. I am now noticing the same bottom corner dead pixels and driving me nuts, considering how much I paid. Did they replace your macbook pro with a new one? I have an apple care for this device and I am not happy with this issue eventhough it is a small issue. please let me know what I should do. thanks bunch.

Macbook Pro Retina - Are These Dead Pixels? (Photos)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.