Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts app slow to respond to touch

I'm sure I'm not alone here, though my frustration doesn't appear to have been expressed by others in this forum.

Every time I launch the Podcasts app, it takes a long time to respond to touch. I only have 8 podcasts that I presently subscribe to, and it takes close to 30 seconds after launch to be able to do anything in the interface of the app. It takes maybe 10-15 seconds to do anything after the screen sleeps and I wake it.

I know it's a new app, but this seems so basic, Apple Podcast app developers - please fix this - I'm on the latest IOS (5.1.1) on a 16GB iPhone4 Verizon.

I love listening to my podcasts, but this app is frustrating to use because it takes so long to start, stop, select, speed up, view my library, etc..

Thanks!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 9:44 AM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2012 7:30 AM in response to kerplunknet

I have an ipod touch (4th gen) on iOS6 and this app is no better. It takes 10 seconds to load, then if you go out of the app, just touch the music app, then go back to podcasts, it will play for about 5 seconds and then stop the podcast. You then have to start it again. Not sure why they had to pull podcasts out of the Music app. At least that was consistant in it's use. I was using that hoping apple fixed the Podcast app soon, but now they've taken that choice away. I subscribe to probably 15-20 podcasts and listen 6+ hours a day. Very frustrating!

Oct 5, 2012 9:33 AM in response to mharszlak

Still a problem on iPhone 5. Originally I thought this was a case of indirect, planned obsolescence - AKA 'Our newest devices are really fast now, why should we spend the time to code this efficiently.' - Seemingly not the first time - have you noticed how your iOS devices slow way the heck down over 2 years of use and updates, just in time for the next gen device?

In this case, it appears that it's just a terribly written app... Still randomly slow and glitchy on iPhone 5 - also get strange bugs where podcasts start playing after phone calls or Siri use. gah! Plus, what's with so much skeuomorphism/ over designing? Retro tape decks and the turtle/rabbit controls arn't adding much other than maybe justifying the employment of a few Apple employees.

At least it's not as bad as 'Find my Friends' - which i'm never going to put on my devices

Podcasts app slow to respond to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.