Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

At what battery per cent do I recharge to maximize battery life?

I've heard that new Lithium batteries do not have the "memory" issues of old Ni-Cads; but to maximize my battery life overall should I run on battery power until warned; until down to 25%/50%; or does it matter at all. Machine is a 15" MacBook Pro with retina display at 2.7 GHz w/ 16 GB running OS X 10.8.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 10:27 AM

About 40%.

Should never let the battery charge run out. That is important.

Best.

4 replies

Aug 7, 2012 10:27 AM in response to messhuggenah

Here's the deal on Lithium batteries...the kind in your Pro. The two biggest killers are heat and frequent full discharge/recharge cycles. Fact is, these batteries really don't like to be discharged below 30 ~ 35% capacity on a regular basis. Best to charge whenever you can & avoid full discharge/recharge cycles. About every 2 ~ 3 months, discharge to 30% then recharge to full. Even if abused, your battery should last 2 ~ 3 years...its design life. Take care of it & you can get 5 ~ 6 years out of it.

At what battery per cent do I recharge to maximize battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.