Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto verses Camera Software, what are the drawbacks?

I just bought a Nikon S3300 with 6X wide zoom. I installed the software that came with the camera, which downloaded two seperate applications, one is for the pictures themselves called "ViewNX2" and the other is from ArcSoft which installed the "Panorama Maker 6". So I have two NEW applications on my Mac Intel (running Lion) desk top. My question is first should I delete the first software (ViewNX2) that came with the camera and Leave the ArcSoft application ("Panorama Maker 6"), and just use iPhoto exclusively for editing and storing, and leave the Panoarma Maker 6 for when I want to capture a panorama photo? Or does the Panorama Maker 6 need the ViewNX2 in order to make the necessary editing happen? If I just leave both software applications and I choose to use iPhoto instead, will there be any conflicts? So I guess it boils down to should I delete the software or just leave it, even if I have chosen to use iPhoto?

iMac Desktop, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 10:33 AM

1 reply

iPhoto verses Camera Software, what are the drawbacks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.