Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone Mail with offline laptop?

Hello --

Often my iPhone is my only internet connection, and I do not want tethering for my laptop. What is the easiest way I can type email on my laptop, but then use my iPhone to send the email? The best idea that I have so far is to just type up my email in a text file, transfer that using a field in my Contacts, and then copy/paste the text into my iPhone's Mail app. That works (in a surprisingly roundabout fashion), but it would be even nicer if there were a way to actually synchronize the Mail accounts so that I can use Mail on my laptop "normally".

Does anybody have any suggestions for me to try?

thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 11:01 AM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2012 11:12 AM in response to quantamos

There are two options you have to establish a mail connection for your Laptop

- Personal Hotspot - You can use the personal hotspot feature on your iPhone to establish a WiFi/Bluetooth connection to connect the Laptop to the internet. However with a minor fee of $30.

- Visit a Free WiFi location - If you happen to stop by a coffee shop, restaurant, and many other locations, they all provide Free WiFi for a limited time.

- Sign up for the Shared Data Plan to avoid the extra fee - AT&T and Verizon coming soon will enable Free WiFi/Bluetooth tethering service at a cost of going from Unlimited to 1 GB -10 GB a month service and establish connections to all your devices.

Sync iPhone Mail with offline laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.