Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new mail keeps disappearing

I am using the Apple email client. When I check for new email, the progress bar says that I have 39 new messages and completes the download..... thing is, none of them are visible in my mailbox. This is a new problem... never have experienced this before. I am running Mnt. Lion OSX 10.8. Any ideas????

Kelly

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 12:16 PM

4 replies

Aug 7, 2012 9:52 PM in response to markwmsn

Hi Mark,

No, but my email is generated by a Network Solutions account. It is not hosted by Apple. My mail app acts like it is retrieving my email just fine, but it is not visible. Also, this only started today. I have been running Mnt. Lion since its release and my mail was downloading and viewing just fine... but for some reason today, I am unable to see the messages in my inbox.

Aug 7, 2012 10:27 PM in response to kbryarly

If the Activity window shows messages being downloaded, they should be going somewhere, even if only briefly before being deleted.

I have no explanation for why it would just have started if you (and Network Solutions) haven't changed any rules or filters.

Have you tried having somebody send you a test message of known content that you can search for, just to rule out the possibility that mail is being shunted into some mailbox other than your inbox?

My new mail keeps disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.