Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar:Declined events show up as accepted in iCloud

Hello,

I use Mountain Lion (problem is the same in Lion). When I decline an event invitation in calendar, it gets a grey icon and in the details I can see that I declined the event. I don't get any alarms either. So far so good. But on my iPhone and because I shared the calendar with my wife also on her iPhone the event shows with the color of the calendar, as if I accepted. In the details I see that I declined...I could accept the wrong color but I get alarms for those events too! Also on icloud.com the color of the events is wrong (blue in my case)...

Anybody else has this problem? Any suggestions? Is it a bug?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 1:34 PM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2013 10:50 AM in response to pasqualito_23

Actually, upon further poking around -- I think it is not so much a bug as an (important) missing feature:

In iCal on MacOS, under the "View" menu, there is an option to show or to hide declined events. So I-- and I guess you and I think many people-- choose sensible to hide declined events. (*Why do I want to fill my calendar with things I am not doing?)

But iOS does not offer this option; and iOS seems to default to "show declined events". And for this reason, our iOS devices do not show the same content as our desktop devices. And this makes it feel, from a user point of view, like it is broken -- because functionally, it is broken.

(*Note that this seems to be a fairly old issue: in addition to the links above, there are also posts on this topic going back to users of mobileme -- and none of the threads have any comment from Apple, which is disappointing as attention to usability is generally the distinguishing feature of their products...)

Calendar:Declined events show up as accepted in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.