Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synch Contacts Across iCloud and Gmail

My company just moved to Google Apps for business, so I was delighted to find that I could start working on my Mac. The only problem is that I'm a three device guy (got a Mac, iPhone and iPad) and I want to synch my Gmail contacts across all devices. Problems are:

1. In Moutain Lion Contacts, the only synch option w/ Gmail only synchs contacts with the "On My Mac" account in Contacts, and those don't get synch'd to iCloud. If I turn that on the corp Gmail get's synch'd only to my Mac.

2. In iOS, we are using Google's "exchange" service, m.google so I can turn on synching there from Settings. When I do that I get a Forrester partiion in my iOS Contacts that them look like my Gmail address book.

So if I turn on 1, then my Gmail contacts get pushed to On My Mac but not to iCloud, and if I turn on 2, then I have access to my Gmail contacts in a separate part of my iOS Contacts apps. Its all very confusion, I need to keep the same set of contacts in all places.

Help. Recommendations?

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 1:40 PM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2012 7:20 AM in response to klu

The link you posted did not work. Anyway I used Plaxo an year back and that gave me huge pain by duplicating my contacts across board. If I again go back to Plaxo I need to be double sure that it works properly. I would appreciate if you can drop in some tips and learning around Plaxo use. But the problem mentioned by Brian Hopkins is exactly what i have got. Brian - could you solve your problem till now, or are still living with it?

Synch Contacts Across iCloud and Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.