Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 3rd gen.

I have a 3rd generation Nano that I want to give to someone but I want to remove my contacts. Is this possible and, if so, how do I do it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

iPod nano (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 4:44 PM

Connect the iPod and run iTunes. In iTunes, select the iPod in the sidebar, under DEVICES. Over to the right, go to the Summary tab. There is a Restore button there. Click it and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and set it to default settings. When the iPod restarts, iTunes will ask if you want to sync the iPod to your iTunes library; decline to do so.

Basically, it will be like it was when you bought it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2012 4:44 PM in response to dsrtgal

Connect the iPod and run iTunes. In iTunes, select the iPod in the sidebar, under DEVICES. Over to the right, go to the Summary tab. There is a Restore button there. Click it and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and set it to default settings. When the iPod restarts, iTunes will ask if you want to sync the iPod to your iTunes library; decline to do so.

Basically, it will be like it was when you bought it.

iPod Nano 3rd gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.