4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 10:33 AM by Joel S
Joel S Level 2 (185 points)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but here's the deal: sometimes, when I single finger scroll with my Magic Mouse, it will trigger Mission Control on the remote mac. Probably happens about 50% of the time. The other 50% it correctly scrolls the document/window/etc that I am trying to scroll.

I've attemped to disable any possible gesture and such that may be triggering it, but no luck. Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Thanks.

• TeenTitan Level 4 (2,410 points)

have you tried disabling middle click on your computer?

• Joel S Level 2 (185 points)

Middle click? I was unaware there was a middle click with the Magic Mouse. I see no settings for that. Please elaborate. Thanks.

• TeenTitan Level 4 (2,410 points)

Mouse settings can be locked in : Menu bar, Apple Menu, System Preferences, Mouse, "Click & Tap" tab

There will be a secion labeled "Clicks." Typicaly "One Finger Middle axis Click" will be checked, and set to  "Middle Click." That means it you tap the mouse, down the vertical center of the magic mouse, it will trigure middle click instead of left click.

Try unchecking "One Finder Middle Axis click," and then see if you still have the issue.

• Joel S Level 2 (185 points)

I do not have those options. I go to Mouse settings pane, I see two tabs: Point & Click, and More Gestures.

In Point and Click, I have all three checkboxes checked: Scroll Direction, Secondary Click, Smart Zoom.

In More Gestures, all three checkboxes are UNchecked: Swipe between pages, Swipe between full screen apps, Mission Control.

Other suggestions?