Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your account is temporarily unavailable."

I just ran into this problem whilst trying to update a bunch of iPhone apps in iTunes on my MacBook Pro. Multiple searches both here and on the general Internet turn up multiple cases and possible solutions. What I'd like to know before I contact spport and wait for a response is if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if it is just somehow isolated to me.

I managed to update Evernote, but after that any app I click on displays...

"Your account is temporarily unavailable.

The Store is unable to access your account information. You may continue to browse the Store. Please try again in a few minutes."

I've logged out and back in successfully and I can see my account information fine, so I wonder why "The Store" is unable to access it.

So... are other people seeing this error today (August 8th, 2012 at around 5:00PM PST)? If so, take comfort in knowing there are others (like me) out there in the same boat. If not, panic will begin to set in my frail yet masculine body.

Thanks for reading.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 5:33 PM

75 replies

Aug 7, 2012 6:58 PM in response to eightbitsoul

I suspect this might be a wide-spread problem. I'm getting the same error tonight on my MacBook Pro, on my iPad, and my iPhone. Trying to update, backup, restore, or download new apps all result in the error:

"Your account is temporarily unavailable.

The Store is unable to access your account information. You may continue to browse the Store. Please try again in a few minutes."

I tried the same tricks of removing credit information, re-adding it, and changing my account information. I get the same error both from iTunes and from the website when I attempt to remove devices from my account.

It looks like Apple is having serious issues this evening.

"Your account is temporarily unavailable."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.