Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set my iPod's volume to the maximum and lock it there?

I need to keep my iPod at maximum volume so it can work through my car stereo. I keep setting the volume to maximum on it, but every time I use it I have to adjust the volume. Is there a way to set the volume to maximum on it and then lock it there?

iPod classic

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 5:01 PM

3 replies

Aug 8, 2012 1:06 PM in response to Zapataman

Make sure you have done a Reset of your iPod recently (since you noticed this problem).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

(This just restarts the iPod - it does not erase it.)

If that does not help, there should be a Volume Limit setting on the iPod's Settings screen (it may be under Playback). Does it make any difference if you set that to the highest possible setting?

Also, in case there is some corruption in your settings related to volume, at the bottom of the Settings screen, there should be an option to Reset Settings. That will reset all of your settings on the iPod to the default values. See if that makes a difference. It seems like your iPod should resume playing at the same volume level.

Can I set my iPod's volume to the maximum and lock it there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.