Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion: Constant Sandbox denies for mdworker

I'm trying to find out what's causing sandboxd to throw several messages to the Console. Since installation (upgrade from 10.7.4), I've seen these:

sandboxd[70533] ([70530]): mdworker(70530) deny file-write-create /Users/brian/Library/Keychains/login.keychain.sb-###### loads of numbers.

I usually get them in batches of 12, and they literally come about 10-15x a minute at worst. I'm sure this isn't great for performance, and I'd really just like to stop whatever's causing it, if only so I can more clearly read my Console when other things are legitimately going wrong. I also don't want Spotlight writing to my Keychain. What's that all about?

I don't have any Spotlight plugins, so I can't imagine why mdworker would be trying to modify my Keychain. I got that tip with my Google-fu, but I can't tell what else this might be.

kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(70547) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd This is a new one for me, just started earlier today, if it helps pinpoint anything.

Has anyone else got a clue what could be causing mdworker to anger the sandbox so?

Thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 6:13 PM

There are no replies.

Mountain Lion: Constant Sandbox denies for mdworker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.