Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork apps do not open

I installed Mountain Lion from Lion and none of the iWork apps (all purchased & downloaded from apple store) will load. The dock shows the blinking light below it, but even after HOURS of waiting, none of them open.

I tried re-installing, restarting, nothing works...

help!

Pages, Keynote, Numbers-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 8:55 PM

4 replies

Aug 7, 2012 9:07 PM in response to mrbcc

Just tried logging into the guest account and the apps work... I tried finding a .plist file somwhere for any of the apps, but because they have never been opened, I can't find anything!

what else can I change in my account that might prohibit launching iwork apps in my account (instead of the guest)?

Aug 8, 2012 8:28 AM in response to mrbcc

You may not be able to find the plist files because the user library is hidden. In Finder, hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu & your user Library will appear about halfway down the list.

There are almost as many suggestions for fixes for this problems as there are questions. I'd start with the simple & work up. First, use Disk Utility to repair permissions. Third-party utilities such as Better Touch Tool seem to cause problems. Another, new one, is having Pages share Contacts set in System Preferences.

User uploaded file

Aug 8, 2012 9:03 AM in response to Peggy

Peggy, thanks for the advice. Ive tried all I the above with the exception of repairing permissions. I'll stay away from third party programs like Better Touch Tool.

I also tried using AppCleaner to completely remove all iWork and associated files from my computer. Tried re downloading and installing all the apps and still didn't work.

I even tried to "update" the iWork suite (I put all three apps into a folder labeled iWork '09) to V9.2 per another hint elsewhere in this forum.

Here is hoping permissions is the issue.

Aug 8, 2012 12:29 PM in response to mrbcc

Using utilities such as AppCleaner rarely deletes all of the iWork files. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user. Yvan Koenig has written an AppleScript that removes the files. You can find it on his box.com account in for_iWork'09 > other_iWork'09 items > uninstall iWork '09.zip.

User uploaded file

iWork apps do not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.