0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 8:36 PM by keith contarino
keith contarino Level 1 (5 points)

Yesterday I tried using CCC to clone my hard drive to a 2TB Lacie external hard drive I purchased at local Apple store. All I did was follow CCC instructions but after 3 attempts and communicating with CCC help I've given up. But I have a problem in that I partitioned my HD into 2 and cannot delete the bottom partition to regain the 120GB there. I'm trying to copy and paste here but so far can only copy this:

Disk Description : Hitachi HTS545025B9SA02 Media  Total Capacity : 250.06 GB (250,059,350,016 Bytes)

Connection Bus : SATA  Write Status : Read/Write

Connection Type : Internal  S.M.A.R.T. Status : Verified

Partition Map Scheme : GUID Partition Table

I'll try to describe as best I can. The Partition Layout:

pulldown is greyed out but says "Current"

The top partition is called Macintosh HD and is mostly blue. When I put my pointer on it this comes up; "This is the startup partition. You can't erase it. Size 124.6GB. Available Space: 30.03 GB"

The bottom partition is called Macintosh HD2 and is almost all white. When I place the pointer over it; "Size 124.47 GB. Space Available 118.74 GB"

On the right hand side of the screen there are instructions, "To erase and partition the selected disk, choose a layout from the Partition Layout pop up menu, select options for each partition and click Apply."

I can't do this because the pop up menu is greyed out.

I can change the size of the partition which doesn't help.

I tried simply clicking on the Macintosh HD2 partition and clicking the "-" box but could not unmount the partition.

"Options", "Revert", and "apply" all are greyed out

I can highlite Macintosh HD2 on the left hand side and click erase to erase any data on it, but don't hinkthat's a very good idea.

I just want to restore the HD to it's original single partition and try another shot at cloning, maybe with SUPERDUPER. Any  help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)