Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove HTML snippets borders?

can anybody help me i want to remove the html snippet borders it won't show in my mac safari browser but i shows up in ios safari which is a bit annoying is there a way that i can remove to border

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 10:23 PM

7 replies

Aug 8, 2012 9:05 AM in response to ALiALKi

Other browsers, like older versions of Firefox, display unwanted borders unless you specified "border:none" in the stylesheet.

The example of the "default code" given above is some what dated!

The "allowTransparency" attribute is only required for old versions of IE. Transpareny is the default value in all modern browsers and is not supported in HTML5. Neither are "frameborder" and "scrolling".

A new attribute in HTML5, that would be applicable in your case, is "seamless" which specifies that the iframe content should look as though its part of the page that contains it.

As far as preventing scrollbars is concerned, use "overflow:hidden" in the css.

For the time being, until HTML5 is universally adopted, it makes more sense to write iframe styles in CSS although you can still use the height and width attributes if you really want to since they are still supported.

<iframe src="URL to the embeded doc" style="width:Xpx;height:Ypx;border:none;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

Aug 8, 2012 9:41 AM in response to Roddy

The 'default code' provided is used by iWeb to display the HTML Snippet. Except that it uses a style="width: 100%; height: 100%;".

It does not display a border in iOS Safari on my iPad. With or without content.

And since we're dealing with iWeb in this forum, it's relevant code, regardless of the future.

So the future is already present in iWeb.

how do i remove HTML snippets borders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.