Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can videos be uploaded from iOS iPhoto to Flickr when they cannot be selected. (The Flickr iPhone app always gives a vague error message when video upload is attempted.)

I am trying to upload short MP4 videos from my iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1 to Flickr. These videos were taken on a Panasonic FZ150, and I am able to upload videos from this camera from my iMac when I am at home. (I am currently thousands of miles from home, which is why I want to upload from my iPad.)

I can upload photos from iOS iPhoto, but when I select videos, the selection count does not increase, and so they are not uploaded.

There is no Flickr app for iPad, but I tried the iPhone app, and was able to upload photos. However, when I try to upload videos, I always immediately get the error message:

"An error occurred. We could not upload your video. Please try again."

Frustratingly, there is no indication of what the error is.

Finally, I tried the Flickr website uploader page, but all the "Choose File" buttons were dimmed, so apparently there is no attempt to integrate ithis page with iPad,.

I have had the same experience several times over the last few weeks in different locations, including private homes and hotels, none of them corporate offices with strong firewalls, and I am not running any firewall software other than standard iOS.

I welcome any suggestions, workarounds, etc., that will enable me to upload videos from IPad to Flickr.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, Wi-Fi only, 16 GB

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:46 AM

1 reply

How can videos be uploaded from iOS iPhoto to Flickr when they cannot be selected. (The Flickr iPhone app always gives a vague error message when video upload is attempted.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.