Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Places do not appear on map page in a photo book

Problem:

Places do not appear on a full map page in a photo book with geotagged photos as described by iPhoto (9.3.2) help files. See below first bullet under item #4.

User uploaded file

Description:

Creating a photo book with geotagged photos and a full map page (no text or photos, only the map), the places do not appear on the map. When reading the iPhoto help file to create this full page map, it indicates that all the places in the photos in the book will appear on the map - does not happen. However, if the map pages also has text or other photos, all the palces of the photos do appear. Possibly a bug in iPhoto 9.3.2 (the latest version) since I did not have this probel with the previous version of iPhoto.

Note - the photos were geotagged by iPhoto since my camera does not have this capability. The geotagging works since all the places appear in the overall Places view of my photos.

Work-around:

Select the places option on the map page and add the places manually. Additionally, lines, compass, etc. can also be added.

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion, iMac & MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:31 AM

There are no replies.

Places do not appear on map page in a photo book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.