Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Configuring Services OS X Server 10.8

I'm attempting an upgrade from 10.7 Lion Server to OS X Server 10.8.

I receive the following error message:

"An error occurred while configuring your Server."

There is a red dot next to "Configuring Services", but no explaination of what it means or how to deal with the situation.

What do I do next? Which Console log should I review?

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 5:00 PM

There is a ServerSetup.log, and it shows that the command that errored out, but it contains no other information that would provide a clue about how to proceed.

Since Migration has failed, and there are no options to control what aspects get migrated, the only alternative, it appears, is a clean-install of the system, from scratch, carefully reconstructing all files and settings. What a hassle!

OS X Server 10.8: not yet ready for prime time. Stay away.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2012 5:00 PM in response to Larry Goldman

There is a ServerSetup.log, and it shows that the command that errored out, but it contains no other information that would provide a clue about how to proceed.

Since Migration has failed, and there are no options to control what aspects get migrated, the only alternative, it appears, is a clean-install of the system, from scratch, carefully reconstructing all files and settings. What a hassle!

OS X Server 10.8: not yet ready for prime time. Stay away.

Error Configuring Services OS X Server 10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.