Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove Gmail "sent message" label

Hi all,

I am using Lion in one of my Mac and I found one problem

I am using my Gmail account in Lion Mail

When I use Lion Mail to send/reply a mail, Gmail on brower will show a "sent message" label on that mail.

What should I do to prevent it?

I mean I do not want to see the "sent message" label on browser, after I sent a mail using Lion Mail.

Thank you !!

iMac 20, iphone 4, ipad.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 10:10 AM

For anyone who has the same trouble, I foudn a soliution here:

http://lifehacker.com/5555291/how-make-gmail-play-nicely-with-your-desktop-email -client

Simply three steps repeated here:

(1) click on a folder "Sent Mail" under [Gmail] and go to the Mailbox menu in the menu bar. Hover over "Use This Mailbox For" and click Sent. This will make Apple Mail use Gmail's Sent Mail folder for sent messages instead of creating its own.

(2) A label called "Sent Messages" will show up with your other custom labels.

(3) Drag all the messages from the "Sent Messages" label to the "Sent Mail" label, to make sure they're all there

(4) You can then delete the "Sent Messages" label.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2012 10:10 AM in response to stanleyoowa

For anyone who has the same trouble, I foudn a soliution here:

http://lifehacker.com/5555291/how-make-gmail-play-nicely-with-your-desktop-email -client

Simply three steps repeated here:

(1) click on a folder "Sent Mail" under [Gmail] and go to the Mailbox menu in the menu bar. Hover over "Use This Mailbox For" and click Sent. This will make Apple Mail use Gmail's Sent Mail folder for sent messages instead of creating its own.

(2) A label called "Sent Messages" will show up with your other custom labels.

(3) Drag all the messages from the "Sent Messages" label to the "Sent Mail" label, to make sure they're all there

(4) You can then delete the "Sent Messages" label.

how to remove Gmail "sent message" label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.