Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture albums not showing up properly in Apple TV

When I go to look at Aperture folders on my Apple TV, some folders are not showing up properly. That is, they appear out of order, so the latest folder is way at hte bottom of the list of all folders. I moved the folder up to the top of the list in Aperture, but it still appears down at the bottom.

Once I look at the folder, it doesn't show the folder correctly. I have deleted pictures which are still there and I have cropped pictures which appear uncropped. What's going on? I tried restarting Apple TV to see if that would solve it, but it didn't. Is there some serious lag in updating info from Aperture to Apple TV?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:45 AM

4 replies

Sep 23, 2012 1:51 AM in response to Cartoonguy

I have posted about this elsewhere, but again to answer this here:

Apple in its wisdom has decided to order the view of albums on both the Apple TV and the iPad according to the date on which the album was created, annoyingly an item of data that is invisible to users and cannot therefore be edited - this is readily tested by creating folders with incremented names (to evidence creation time) all over the aperture library and low and behold this is the order they appear in on teh Appe TV and iPad

we need ot lobby Apple to provide options for thi sordering, wiht say alphabetical name, or better, teh order in which these albums are placed in our library

Sep 25, 2012 9:49 AM in response to geoffreyfromcambridge

Interesting, but if that's the case, then a brand new album should appear right at the top on Apple TV, but it doesn't. That's the baffling thing. I load some new pictures into a new album in Aperture, go to my Apple TV and that album of new pictures has to be found way, way at the bottom of the list. I have to scroll through tons of my albums to the bottom to see the latest album. This, despite the fact the the album at the top is not actually the oldest, so it's not simply in reverse order. There are fairly recent albums at the top, then they decend towards older ones with newer ones suddenly appearing at the very end. Baffling.

Sep 25, 2012 10:31 AM in response to Cartoonguy

exactly, I clearly expressed it badly, as you say the latest album made is at the bottom of the list on Apple TV and iPad - what exactly do you mean by oldest - I thought I checked this out, but could be wrong - not just baffling, I say infuriating - as a software person I feel pretty sure this is a pretty simple bit of programming to provide options for the sort order - ho wdo we commnciate to teh Aperture software team????

Sep 25, 2012 11:58 AM in response to geoffreyfromcambridge

I have hundreds of albums. Many were originally imported from Iphoto, so I wonder if that is dictating the folder creation date. That is, when it was imported into Aperture. As such, the album order appears to have no rhyme or reason on Apple TV. By "oldest" I mean the folder that is the oldest. The folder at the top is not the oldest folder of photos, but made last year. Much older ones are further down the list and then, at the bottom, the newest. All over the place!

Aperture albums not showing up properly in Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.