Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after exporting audio to movie, the new movie file still has the original audio. how to delete?

I have a question: I recorded a movie with iMovie and drag and drop it into logic, where I recorded a second audiofile. Then I deleted the original audio in logic, and exported the new audio into the movie. But the new .mov file has two audio now, the new and the old one. What can I do to only have the new audio?
thanks and greetings!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:24 PM

One thing you could do is go back and open your original movie in iMovie, select the entire clip, click on "Clip" in the menu bar and "Detach Audio" in the drop-down panel. You will then see your audio track directly beneath your video clip. Select the audio track, hit delete, and export your movie.

Hopefully you have saved your new soundtrack, so you can now bring your audio-free movie back into Logic to tweak and export with your new audio track.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2012 1:24 PM in response to OvertoneNr13

One thing you could do is go back and open your original movie in iMovie, select the entire clip, click on "Clip" in the menu bar and "Detach Audio" in the drop-down panel. You will then see your audio track directly beneath your video clip. Select the audio track, hit delete, and export your movie.

Hopefully you have saved your new soundtrack, so you can now bring your audio-free movie back into Logic to tweak and export with your new audio track.

after exporting audio to movie, the new movie file still has the original audio. how to delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.