Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my ipad to show in finder?

I am trying to get me ipad to show in finder so i can work pages from it to my mac, unfortunalty i am new to this but still cannot figure out how to do either. can you help?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, mountain lion just installed on mac

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:30 PM

Thats not how it works iOS devices Will only show up IN iTunes and iPhoto nowhere Else

3 replies

Aug 8, 2012 1:33 PM in response to ellisonG

It will not show up in the finder. The iPad's conduit to your Mac is iTunes. you can sync content with iTunes and transfer content to the iPad into iTunes. You can also import photos onto the Mac using iPhoto or another application.

If you are trying to use the Mac version of Pages on the iPad or vice versa, it will not work .... Two different operating systems involved. You need iOS Pages on the iPad and the Mac version on the Mac. If you are trying to transfer Pages documents to the Mac, you can email them or you can use iOS file sharing with iTunes to move the files back and forth. You can also use iCloud if you have an iCloud account.

iOS: About file sharing.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094

how do i get my ipad to show in finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.