Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL mail won't open in Safari

I use AOL for my email and I use Safari to get to it. I've had no problems until 2 weeks ago. I can't access or login to AOL from my Mac to get my emails. I've tried clearing the cookies & cache, resetting Safari & tried different routes to AOL with no sucess. When I try to log in to AOL, I get the dreaded "Forbidden 403" message but I can log in from my friend's PC and retrieve my emails in which after 2 weeks with this problem, I need to fix this. I'm wondering if I'm missing something in my security settings or something got changed in my Mac by accident when I cleaned it out. Please HELP!!!!!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 12 Gigs RAM

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 3:03 PM

Why aren't you using the built in Mail app instead of a browser?

http://email.about.com/od/aoltips/qt/Access_an_AOL_Email_Account_with_any_POP_IM AP_Email_Program.htm

You want to set up IMAP.

14 replies

Aug 9, 2012 2:54 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I've also tried from my IMAP. What's weird is my passcode is missing so i retype it, save changes, restart the Mac and the passcode is gone again. It's not retaining my changes to it. Although, sometimes it does and AOL rejects my passcode. This is a strange one. Thank you for your help. Any suggestions that you can come up with is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2012 9:44 PM in response to makinmuzic2@aol.com

After talking with AOL, they believe that my Mac has been hacked and that they could fix it for me for $200+! I told them to take a hike. Weird how this started happening right after AOL made some changes. Now, I'm not even allowed on their site. So, I'm looking to open a new email account with a new provider. Any suggestions that would be Mac friendly would be appreciated.

Aug 16, 2012 10:31 AM in response to makinmuzic2@aol.com

Well, what I meant was -- what is the company that provides your internet access? Examples would be Comcast, Verizon, Cox, AOL, Earthlink, Frontier, etc. If you've been paying AOL, then they are your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

What do you mean here?

something got changed in my Mac by accident when I cleaned it out.

I haven't found issues with AOL and Safari 6. See if you can contact AOL for help, OK?

AOL mail won't open in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.