Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Google Maps Widget

I use iWeb to create my webpage and had a google map showing location and giving directions. Now it is not there and when I try to put it back in with the GoogleMaps widget, I get a screen saying MobileMe no longer exists. How do I get a map back into my webpage in iWeb?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 21" iMac

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 6:29 PM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2012 7:19 PM in response to JDonS

The problem is that the Google Maps Widget in iWeb and this is no longer supported by mobileme and wasn’t transitioned into iCloud.

The short answer to this question is to delete your google map widgets and replace them with a standard html snippet.

More detailed instructions? No problem

Go to google maps and search for the center of your map using your zip code or address’

Click on the Link icon User uploaded file

Copy the code titled “Paste HTML to embed in website”

User uploaded file

If you’d like to change the size, zoom or appearance of the map then click on “Customise and preview embedded map.” and have a fiddle!

Go back to iWeb and delete your existing Google Maps widget.

Click the Show Media button (bottom right of screen) and drag and drop the HTML snippet widget onto your page.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Paste your text into the box and Click Apply!User uploaded file

Your new google map is now working again!

Lost Google Maps Widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.